Simply Crochet - Ikea Hack

Hello lovelies! I do hope your weekend has gotten off to a splendid start?
I'm back again with a quick post and can't tell you how happy I am that I've found the time to get back into my blogging. I'm going to try and bit a little more consistent with it, something I  think Dennis and I always seem to struggle with. But hey, I'm/we're back on the blogging train and will be riding it for as long as we possibly can.

A few months ago we were contacted by the lovely people at Simply Crochet magazine, to see if we would be interested in working on a project collaboration. We were so insanely excited, I literally squealed at the idea!!! EEEEEK!

Simply Crochet had seen the flower lampshade which I had made back in 2014 (pictured above. The original post can be found here.) They wanted us to make a special version out of stars for their upcoming February dreamland edition of the magazine.

So after happily agreeing to work on the collaboration, we received a package in the post of the most glorious yarn, Drops Muskat, a mercerised cotton in some yummy pastel shades.

We got to work making stars (using our free star pattern). Dennis was an absolute star (excuse the pun) making machine and made all of the stars over the course of a couple of days. What a champion!!! 
They were all so perfect and looked great in the playful colours.


Stars were complete...Check
Now it was time to mail them off to England, so that the magazine could assemble them to the Ikea lamp and make some crochet magic.


My job was to take the stars to the post office and send them to Simply Crochet, which I did. 
One little thing though...I forgot to get a tracking number on the package. Never mind though, the lady at the post office assured me that it would take three days to arrive, which would meet our deadline which was coming up in 6 days. No problem!!!
5 days passed and I had an email, from Simply Crochet asking if the stars were on the way, Yes I assured them.  The deadline came and the stars still hadn't been received, I felt terrible!
All of the hard work that Dennis put in and the stars were lost somewhere in the postal stratosphere. Simply crochet said they could wait a few more days, but if they didn't receive the stars soon, they would need to make the stars themselves as the photo shoot had already been scheduled. 
I felt truly terrible!!! I  can be so stupid sometimes, I should've have gotten a tracking number!

So the final final deadline came, the day when Simply Crochet could wait no longer...Ping! I received an email from the editor, the stars showed up!!!! YIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEE! I was so ecstatic! Mainly because I thought I had gone and lost all of the work that Dennis had made, but also because I was so worried I had let down the magazine.  
But it didn't matter now, They had turned up!!!! (Memo to self..... always get a tracking number for important packages).

A few weeks passed, Christmas came and went, 2016 turned into 2017 and January came to an end....Then out of the blue, this beauty fell through the letter box!


I was so chuffed to receive the magazine, Dennis also!!


I just loved it's bright glossy pages with all of the amazingly fab projects.


Opening up the front cover, low and behold.....who are those gorgeous creatures.......oh it's US!!!

  
I was so over the moon to see our faces in this magazine, I'm really a fan of Simply Crochet and have wanted to work with the magazine for a really long time. Our work was featured along side some really lovely artists and projects.

Are you ready to see the final finished project, as photographed by the lovely team at Simply Crochet?


We couldn't be more happy with how the project turned out!
It looks clean and fresh and really suits the magical theme of this months magazine.
Thank you Simply Crochet for opportunity, it really means the world to us!!!

8 comments

  1. Congrats!! You are such an inspiration 😍. Keep doing well 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, guys. It's so pretty and what a fun collaboration. Congrats x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving that I found this blog today! You two rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! I don't know which I like better; the flowers or the stars. They're both lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that's so exciting!! Congrats to you both you are so deserving of success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaarh, it looks great! So glad I came across this blog. You two are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I'm so glad I came across this blog. You two are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so beautiful! You two are so talented. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete